Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Family Home Evening


This last Monday we had a big FHE with my family in Ohio. My parents are visiting my sister and her family. It was a blast we first made a fire in the back yard and cooked hot dogs on sticks that dad and Matthew had cut down. Matthew had a walking stick that he found earlier that day and he decided to make that his hot dog roasting stick. The hot dog barely fit on the end, it was awesome. Everyone brought chairs around the fire and tried to avoid the smoke... mom kept muttering something about how she didn't like bunnies every time the smoke came towards her. Rachel almost broke her leg because the chair she was sitting in tipped over. That part of FHE was very successful!
After eating we came inside smelling like smoke and decided to have FHE it was fun but the best part was when the kids sang "I'm so glad when grandpa comes home" and all jumped on him and did the actions to the song, I thought it was funny until then they started singing "I'm so glad when Jared comes home" and did the same thing to me. After me they went on to their dad whom they thought was feeling left out but I'm sure he was praying they would forget him this time. At the end we sang the sunbeam song and instead of jumping up and down for the loud parts dad, Kevin and I tossed the kids to each other in a circle for each of the loud parts.
I have always wanted to do FHE with my family and look forward to teaching my children the gospel and helping them to enjoy and love it.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sound like alot of fun, families really are the best!

Danielle said...

so cute! i love that picture its very nice