Monday, April 28, 2008

The Beginning


Hello to everyone that will be reading my blog. I thought it would nice give some opening comments to those of you who are interested enough in my life to read this blog. I don't know how often I will update this but I hope to use it as a sort of impersonal journal. I have recently realized how important it is and how good it feels to write your feelings and important events. In this particular post I don't plan on talking about any events but about my life in general. Two quotes come to mind when I think of life. The first is from The Count of Monte Cristo, Life is a storm. You will bask in the sunlight one moment. Be shattered upon the rocks the next, what makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout, Do your worst for I will do mine! And the second comes from what you might think a far less credible source but nonetheless I believe it is very true. In Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium Dustin Hoffman says, "Your Life Is An Occasion, Rise To It!" I can't say much for the past, you would have to talk to those who knew me as I was growing up to know if I did what these men have counseled, but this is how I plan to live my life.

I don't aspire to be a person that is written into the history books but I do hope to become somewhat like my father. For those of you who know him you know what I am talking about without any explanation. He is a man of many answers, not all of them are right by any measurement but all are well thought out and given with much love and care. He is highly respected in his profession and also among the members of the church. Many times throughout my youth people would come up to me and tell me what an honest or hard working man he was. I didn’t realize or appreciate these things until these past few years. Above all my father is a humble man. I’ll give one example, even though I repeatedly prodded him many times in my youth he never once told me how much money he makes, in fear that I would boast of it to my friends. i have long since given up my quest to know, and now believe he would be happy if none of his children ever knew. That is not part of the legacy he wants to leave behind. There are far more important things to him than money. I would consider myself a happy man if one day someone compared me to him. I’m sorry this went on for so long but I hope it was a good introduction as to what I am trying to make my life to be.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

i love it! the picture is amazing!